So, today I tried shadow quilting for the first time — that’s where you keep going around and around a shape with lines of stitching 1/8″ to 1/4″ apart, like ripples in a pond.  I didn’t do too badly, though I noticed that the BSR is harder to go the right than to the left, because the camera is positioned behind and to the right of the needle.

Still, it was easier to use the BSR tonight — I set it on the BSR1 setting, put the pedal all the way down and just went for it.  still had the occasional stopping issue, but that might be caused by my letting up on the pedal a bit.  I have to test that theory a bit more before I’m absolutely certain of it. 

Still and all, I got through four blocks easily tonight, and started experimenting with sashing to boot.

Advertisements